1. When should we contact the School for new admissions?
The first week of February of every succeeding Year.
2. What are the criteria for new admissions in your School?
Age appropriateness and completion of relevant level of schooling.
3. On what basis do you select students for admissions?
Child should meet basic criteria and other factors like proximity of residence, siblings, and diversity etc. will be considered.
4. Does Kaasthamandap Vidhyalaya take students at the middle class levels?
Yes, if there is a vacancy in that particular grade and if the candidate meets all the criteria listed by the School.
5. What method of teaching does the School follow?
Progressive, child centered and practical based.
6. Do you have any age criteria for new admissions in Grade 1?
Yes. Child should be between 5.5 to 6.5 years.
7. Does the School award Scholarships to students?
Yes. Need based and merit based scholarships are available.
8. What are the different activities in the School?Yoga, dance, music, needlework, computers, Chinese as a third language in the Primary level i.e. upto Grade5. Other extracurricular activities in the senior school include: Basketball, Football, Table Tennis, Volley Ball,Taekwondo, Yoga, Dance, Music, Languages such as French and Chinese, Theatre, Art and Calligraphy, Mock UN sessions.etc.
9. What are the School timings?
Mon-Fri 8.30am to 3.30pm except for ECA days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) when School is extended to 4.15pm for grades 5 to 10. Saturdays and Sundays are School holidays.
10. Does the School arrange field trips?
11. Who is the Principal of the School?
Dr. Shiba Thapa.
12. How many teachers and assistants are there in any given Class, especially Grade 1?
Lead teacher with 1-2 assistants including trainees.